We make French Toast all the time both at home and while camping. This is our go-to recipe! The batter makes the toast crispy and delicious and can be topped with pure maple syrup or a fruit sauce. If you’re camping, use a cast iron skillet over the fire or grill to cook!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 thick slices bread like Challah or Croissants
- Maple syrup
- Confectioners sugar (optional)
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot dusted with confectioners sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
Courtesy of All Recipes